Want to become an ABC Postpartum Doula?
Here are the steps to join our team of subcontractors
- Certificate from a Postpartum Doula Training of at least 18 hours, in-person preferred
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Liability insurance (some of our doulas obtain their insurance here with CMF Group.
- Experience serving families in the postpartum period
- Attendance at local baby care and breastfeeding class (waived if recently attended)
- Enrollment in a certification program (completion not required to apply, but expected to complete)
Our hiring process
- Contact us to request an interview with an initial inquiry.
- If requirements are met, we'll send you a link to complete an online application.
- A phone interview with Kimberly will be scheduled to determine our current needs and fit.
- In-person interview with Kimberly (and possibly Mark and other team members).
- ABC Doula will conduct background and reference checks.
- If accepted, we will have a contract signing.
- Next, you will have the opportunity to shadow our experienced doulas.
- Finally you will be working directly with ABC Doula's amazing families.