Introduction to a Doula Career
Is a new career as a Postpartum Doula right for you?
If you are thinking about supporting moms and new babies as a postpartum doula, but have questions about what it is really like, then this workshop is for you! In this introductory workshop, you will learn first hand from experienced doulas who know doula life - the job, the joys, and all the details you have been curious about. This is a time to get answers so that you can make a decision that is the best fit for you. There will be plenty of time for individual questions, and there are no prerequisites, only a passion for this work!
Some of the questions we will answer:
- What type of schedule could I work as a postpartum doula?
- What is a starting wage? What can I eventually expect?
- What kind of training is involved?
- How much does it cost to become a doula?
- Should I work in a group or by myself?
- How would being a postpartum doula affect my family life?
- What are the downsides of working as a postpartum doula?
- How do I gain the experience needed to get certified?
- Do I need to be a mother with breastfeeding experience?
- How do I market myself to get the amount of work I need?
Here are the trainings offered in 2018:
Portland, OR March 23 (filled)
Portland, OR May 21 (3 spots open)
Everett, WA May 7 (5 spots open)